University of Connecticut Health Center, Various Projects
As part of an on-call contract with the University of Connecticut, Moser Pilon Nelson completed the following tasks:
- Backfill Project - Feasibility and space planning study for five projects including NICU, Cardiology, Laboratory, AMTU, ACCU and CCI.
- AMTU/CCU - Renovation of a 9,100 SF existing first floor clinic to provide services for ambulatory marrow transplant patients and oncology treatment center.
- Lab Medicine - Multi-phase renovation and expansion of the lab medicine department to address regulatory deficiencies, expand services and accommodate robotic technologies.
- Consolidated Cardiology - Renovation of a portion of the second floor to provide cardio-pulmonary outpatients in a consolidated and functional setting.
- Pretest/Birthing Renovations - Renovation of existing space to provide 3 new birthing rooms and ultrasound testing area for the NICU Department.
- Bone Marrow Transplant Unit - Renovation and expansion of Oncology Department and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit.
- Rheumatology - Renovations of an existing clinic area to provide space for the rheumatology clinic and offices.
- NICU Offices - Conversion and renovation of existing space into NICU administrative offices.
- MRI Replacement - Removal of an existing MRI and replacing it with a new 1.5T MRI unit. It includes complete removal and replacement of existing systems including RF shielding in 8,000 SF.
- ED Expansion - A 2,500 SF expansion that provided seven exam rooms including a dedicated bariatric room and negative pressure room with necessary support spaces.